Gallery

Sunday 28 October 2012

Bilbo didn't want to come


In the spirit of non-gaming news: look what I got in the mailbox today! It's my favourite (and only) fashion catalogue and - apart from making me chuckle - it reminded me of the fact that the first Hobbit movie is getting nearer and nearer. I still remember how excited I was as a seventeen-year old girl when my favourite book was going to be released as a movie, and I feel a little bit like back then again. 

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is going to be released November 28 in New Zealand. Sadly enough, being Dutch, I will have to wait until December 12. Americans will even have to wait two days longer. I put a counter in the widgets to the right right away in order to not forget the date. You can find where The Hobbit will get released in your country at IMDb.

Even though there are some parts that I dislike about Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings movies (especially the skipping and adaptation of some lore), I'm looking forward to see what this movie will be like and will definitely watch it in the theater. Will you?

5 comments :

  1. I personally will not be watching. Partly this is just due to the fact that £8-10 for a few hours in a cinema is just not a reasonable use of money right now. Partly it is that certain things from LOTR adaptations have slowly been irritating me more and more as time goes by, so that I am not actually especially interested anymore in seeing what Peter Jackson has to offer. That may be curmudgeonly of me - but there it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... but a shame nevertheless. I'm still hoping it somehow will be better... only one way to find out! :)

      Delete
  2. You may also be interested in: http://9gag.com/gag/5734388?ref=fb.s

    ReplyDelete
  3. (That's an Air New Zealand flight safety video inspired by The Hobbit. Sorry, shouldn't post links without descriptions, heh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that was just... surreal. xD

      (And didn't you find out how to link properly ages ago already? ;-) )

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.