Gallery

Friday 3 June 2016

NBI 2016: Some initial directions


He's one month later than usual, but the red dragon is back in town, bringing along with him the famous Newbie Blogger Initiative (NBI). For those new to the scene: the NBI is a month of old time gaming bloggers supporting new gaming bloggers, offering advice and exposure. Ever wondered if having a blog of your own would be something for you? This would be the perfect time to take the dive. We old timers know what a big step it can be and will help you in any way we can.

If this has made you curious, here are some articles to help you make up your mind:
You can expect many useful advice blog posts, writing prompts and gaming events this month.

Where do I sign up?

Normally the NBI has a website and forum, but the info got a bit scattered all over the place through the years. Doone from XP Chronicles is working really hard to create a new home for the NBI, which should be done next week. (This is really awesome. Thank you, Doone!)

Until then, you can already get connected by logging into to Discord. I had never heard of it before, but it's comparable to an IRC channel (but then good-looking), and supposedly it can do voice chat, too (although it's currently used for typing as far as I can tell). You can join the channel immediately, or you can create an account and then join and have your avatar shown. This is the place where ideas and questions are thrown about. If you have any questions about blogging (even if you haven't started your blog yet and want to know something), you should have them answered pretty soon.

The other place to connect is Twitter:

Unfortunately I'll be a bit AFK NBI blogging advice wise the coming week myself since I'll be on holiday to the lovely Sweden, but I'm looking forward to what the fifth NBI edition will bring!


Is Rav being even more of a slowpoke with answering your comments than usual? Don't despair, I'm on holiday and pre-scheduled this post in a hardcore attempt to keep my posting schedule. (For science!) I'm looking forward to your comments already and promise to reply to them all when I'm back! (Wait, what did I just say? /faint)

7 comments :

  1. Aw, this is awesome!! What a cool idea, I hope a lot of people take advantage of all the help and good advice! And yay, have fun in Sweden! Hope to see some pictures when you're back❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without that NBI back in 2012, I doubt I'd have stuck to blogging as I have. It's such a great boost for total blogger newbies. :)

      Thank you for your wishes. I had a lot of fun in Sweden, and will definitely post some pictures! I also drew super much, so I think I'll put them all together in a Drawing Diary: June post. This is so stupid, but I'm already excited for it now!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I have to admit I did notice that you didn't reply to a lot of comments in the last couple of days... you know the minds of your readers so well. Have fun in Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really lacking the time because of having to write blog posts in advance behind the scenes, but I hate that! I always check back on other blogs when I leave a comment, so it's only natural that others may do the same on Ravalation. I should really do better!

      Delete
  3. Oh now I really hope my theory works out, you are working hard to keep your regular posting schedule. Have fun in Sweden and make me jealous with nice plants :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too. But otherwise it was worth it for science!

      Unfortunately, Blogger didn't publish my posts automatically, even though I told it to, which was excruciating (especially since I was on holiday without internet and I had worked so hard to have them ready beforehand). So the 6 on 6 Monday post got posted on Wednesday instead (even though it says Monday on top somehow), and only because I rang Conrad to ask him to check and publish my posts of the rest of the week for me. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference for the experiment.

      It might be that people have started to really only check on Mondays and Fridays now, because that particular 6 on 6 post got few views and no comments at all.

      Now I'm back, I don't have nice plants to make you jealous of, but I do have cool birds and ring fortresses if they count! :D

      Delete
  4. Where does it go, indeed... I must admit I was a bit burned out by last year's NBI still, but it's a initiative well worth supporting.

    ReplyDelete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.