Gallery

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse... [NSFW]


...it did. Remember how I was on a great hunt for a decent outfit earlier? I was surprised at the difficulty to find decent-looking clothing for female characters wearing light armour in Guild Wars. The skirt in the screenshot above came to my knees and didn't look skimpy at first sight. That is, until I started swimming.

I guess it's partly my own fault, because the skirt came with stockings that I didn't really like. I dyed them in the colour of my skin, so it looked like I wasn't wearing them. What I didn't realize was that that colour influenced my undies as well!

Despite what it may sound like, I'm not strongly opposed to skimpy clothing in games. I do wish games would treat gender more equally, though. I played TERA for a day, and the skimpy-looking male characters really cracked me up. (Even though they still look less skimpy than the average female character in that game, but hey, it's a step in the right direction.) While I love Guild Wars for its gameplay, the way they are handling female armour will always bug me.


6 comments :

  1. Sorry if this posts twice.

    First time I went swimming in GW2 I not only did a confused and quick double take but I also looked behind me to make sure no one was there watching. Was a tad embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens with charr in heavy armor skirts too (aka 99% of available leg armors.)

    Such sexy furry booty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard before that heavy armour can look skimpy, but so far I haven't stumbled upon it yet with my level 30ish warrior.

      Good to hear you're enjoying your charr. :P

      Delete
  3. The NBI Screenshot Safari still needs more participants. This could easily be filed under 'The Scariest Places' category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr... I didn't think of it that way yet. D:
      Don't worry, Murf: I'm on it (the Screenshot Safari, that is). I just need to look through about 1098272 more to make sure I select the right ones!

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.