Gallery

Thursday 31 May 2012

NBI: Nearing the end


Time's going faster than I thought. I was just about to publish a "learning challenge" for Ambermist as actuality caught up with me and I was already supposed to write another, unexpected challenge, ominously described as The Final Challenge. So I dropped the other post and got right on it. It struck me that this was her hardest challenge so far, as the assignment was this: "Find three blogs that participated in the NBI, introduce me to each, and give me at least one reason you like each blog."

Three blogs you should not miss

Okay, I admit that finding three NBI blogs wasn't that hard. After all, Syp just posted 111 of them (yup, I counted them). The real challenge was of course to select just three of them. So here I present to you:

Image Heavy: even though she writes mostly about a game that I don't play myself (World of Warcraft), Clumsygrrrl keeps catching my attention with her humorous, smooth writing and her original insights. Both text and images make this into a cheerful blog that you should keep an eye on.

Shards of Imagination: no overflow of images here, but plain, good old fashioned text. And that is exactly what Rakuno is good at. He can write about pretty much anything, but always manages to voice his thoughts and opinions in his very own and pleasant way. Lean back and take the time to read some of his posts. It's worth it.

Hipstalotro: the description "me and my smartphone wandering through Middle-earth's coolest places" made me giggle the first time I saw it. Honestly, who takes on the idea of posting "polaroid" pictures taken in Lord of the Rings Online? Accompanied by humorous captions, this is the perfect picture blog to check on a daily basis.

Cheating

Okay, and while you're at it, I reckon you're not bored yet and want more blogs to check out. Or actually, to be honest with you, I'm just looking for an excuse to present you some other good newbie blogs that I've actively been following. After all, everybody else did it, so then it's okay, right?

The NBI has been overwhelming and I sincerely hope that many blogs will make it through and keep being active. I'm also sure that I've missed many good blogs, as there were just too many to keep up with them all. The ones that I've been following (and it's been more than mentioned in this post) are all found in my MMO blogroll. Let me know if I've missed your favorite!


Edit: my initial thought was to only feature newbie blogs in this post, but my chaotic blogroll containing both newbies and sponsors set me up! (I haven't really been keeping track of who's a newbie or not, since I just enjoy reading blogs no matter what category they fall in.) I'll keep it like this, though, the blogs mentioned totally deserve their spot.

8 comments :

  1. Thank you for the very kind words. :)

    And I agree all the blogs listed here deserve to be bookmarked and followed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, some really good blogs there.

    Thanks a lot for the mention. I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *huggles* Thankyou so much for the plug lady! I'm all bubbly on the inside, aha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've earned it all by yourself, guys! I've been enjoying reading your blogs over the past month. :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, the picture cracked me up. I love it.

    Great post, and yes, EVERYONE'S DOING IT and I love it. Just don't tell any of my former teachers that I'm permitting cheating... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you liked it! I thought "Hmm, this might be a bit overdone" but who cares, I'm addicted to adding images and this was the only fitting one I could come up with. :)

      I'm looking forward to your post featuring all challenge post, if you're still going to do that. I'm curious what the others have written.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the super kind words Ravanel! /hug
    I missed all the NBI challenges since I couldn't find the source blog untill yesterday :-/, but you'll definitely be in my top three list :D
    What about a meeting in Middle-earth so we could take a pic together (myspace-angled of course ;D)? In which server/s are you playing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awws, that's nice to hear. Haha, that would be brilliant! I play all my characters on Gilrain, though. Hmm, I do have one level 11 lore-master on Vilya for wiki-testing, but she looks like she's run away from a SoA-themed masquerade! I actually was thinking about your blog the other day when I was clearing Urugarth and there were loads of SoA-style items dropping. A nostalgia masquerade with people dressing up in their favorite SoA-style clothing - (waaaay) before it was cool, wouldn't that be something for you? ;)

      Anyway, thanks for the reply and keep working on your super blog!

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.